Pages

Sushi, Vudu, and The Foo!

So last night I had a meeting with writer and trusted friend Will Rincon at a local sushi bar that serves our favorite treats to discuss the massive project we like to call Vudu.

In the midst of great food and all the Wasabi you can stand, I brought out the trusty small black sketch book to jot down all the notes and logistics of the Graphic novel.


Everything from page count to rating was discussed. Layout, text, color, digital, traditional, time-frame, and execution of said novel was talked about over the comedic satire of my partner in crime.
One of the great traits of Will is that he can bust out with the most amazing comments that make it an absolute pleasure to be around and work with him. When it comes to work I am " Doom & Gloom " straight forward type of person, and so he reminds me that we can have fun with whatever we do.


Comments like " Dude it would great if we wrote the book backwards! " or " Mnaga style backwards where the back is the front, and we can write it in Japanese! What, bad for our demographics? ".

Shortly after I give him the look of death, we both laugh like kids because he got me yet again and the mood gets serious as we chew on sushi and sip on soup in silence. Wheels spin and whirl, and then items like this come out.

Will- " We need to bring forth an M rated book! no Kiddie shit ". And that is when I light up, Vudu is exactly that! The Twilight Zone meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Will - " Yup ".

As we pay the bill and gather our stuff, I introduce Will to a puzzle game on my phone and then we conclude with the following statements.

Sin - I'll start a real rough draft of Riplie.

Will - Cool man I'll have something by next week when we meet again.

We drive off as The Foo Fighters plays ridiculously loud and thoughts drift off into the new world of a story we want to bring to light. So needless to say Will and I have embarked on the journey that will consume our undivided attention for the next three years of our lives...








"Above, the stars watch your gracefulness,
eager to explode into infinite pieces.
They orbit you while the night silence
screams of your beauty."

Read more and follow Will on his Blog POETRY