Pages

SIN'amation!



So the fine folks of Vinylmation at Downtown Disney let a Sinister cat into the store to gaze and wonder at the latest marking phenomenon called Disney's Vinylmation. I have been watching this new line of goodies for a while, with the anticipation that Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas would be making a brilliant debut! Interesting enough the flux of people that I anticipated to strike the store was surprisingly not there?!

Could it be that perhaps NMBC fans don't like the Vinyl versions that Disney has put out? Or maybe it's that people are tired of yet another way for Disney to exploit a marking tactic over and over again? Who knows but I figured more people would be scooping up the collection.

I for one am a fan of both so its only natural that I run like a kid into the store and grab my very own figures to adorn my office. The collection is going to add more figures soon of-course but they kicked it off with Jack, Sally, Mayor (RIP Glen Shardix), and the ever so loving Lock, Shock, and Barrel to name a few!

So what does resident artist "Sinister" do in a store like this? Well, what I do best! Gather a crowd and draw for a bit... I started with my vinylmation version of Vudu Riplie© and ZOMBOT©. Armed with a pen as always, I began my craft and shortly after the store staff began to draw near. Ha! Im sure they were giving each other the hidden signal for ( Who the F%^& is that guy??? ). So I had fun with it, by the time I was done there were about 15 people around me. Laughing it up having a good time and asking me when ZOMBOT© is coming out.


What can I say, I don't post this to toot my own horn. I post it because I love to be part of my community. I love to experience and share my experiences with everyone around me. And today I took my philosophy to Vinylmation!

So I hope that this serves as a guide or reminder that life is more important than work, and the trivial things that we worry about. As I sat there with my kids and shared markers with other parents and their kids. I felt the " Human Element".

So will I create my version of Vinylmation some day? I don't know but if I do I hope the store is full of people that I can share a great experience with!