Pages

JAWS Painting for Michael Roddy


Jaws is a 1975 American thriller directed by Steven Spielberg and based on Peter Benchley's best-selling novel. The police chief of Amity Island, a fictional summer resort town, tries to protect beachgoers from a giant great white shark by closing the beach, only to be overruled by the town council, which wants the beach to remain open to draw a profit from tourists during the summer season. After several attacks, the police chief enlists the help of a marine biologist and a professional shark hunter. Roy Scheider stars as police chief Martin Brody, Richard Dreyfuss as marine biologist Matt Hooper, Robert Shaw as shark hunter Quint, Lorraine Gary as Brody's wife Ellen, and Murray Hamilton as Mayor Larry Vaughn.

Michael Roddy is a fan of my work which is extremely flattering. One would think that it should be the other way around, due to the great work that he does. An industry giant, no pun intended that has the same love for classic horror and Sci-fi films as I do. Not only am I a fan of his works such as The Shark Still Works, and MonsterKIDS, but I consider him a good friend. So upon request I have created a painting of the Cage Scene from Jaws. The Character in the image is ( Quint ) played by Robert Shaw. It's Michael's favorite scene.

I like the climactic death of Quint scene better, but I won't be painting that one anytime soon. Over all the film and book remain one of my favorites.

Tech Notes:

Total sketching/painting 1 Hr.
Native Resolution 14" X 10"
Software CS2 ( Photoshop ) & Graphire3 Tablet
Reference Youtube.com